- Authors: Daniel F. Chambliss, Russell K, Schutt
- File Size: 12 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 432 pages
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Inc
- Publication Date: December 6, 2018
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07PMTNY6N
- ISBN-10: 150636411X, 154432409X
- ISBN-13: 9781506364117, 9781544324098
Making Sense of the Social World: Methods of Investigation (6th Edition) – eBook PDF
The new Making Sense of the Social World 6th edition (PDF) continues to be an unusually student-friendly and accessible introduction to the variety of social research methods, guiding undergraduate college students to understand research in their roles as consumers and novice producers of social science. Known for its casual, concise, and very clear writing, its balanced treatment of both the qualitative and quantitative approaches, and its integrated approach to the fundamentals, the textbook has much to offer both novice researchers and more advanced students alike. The expert and well-known authors use a wide variety of examples from formal studies and everyday experiences to illustrate important techniques and principles.
New to this 6th Edition:
- Failure (and success) of pre-election polls in the 2016 Presidential election
- The use and abuse of data from social media such as Twitter and Facebook
- The debate over the inclusion of U.S. citizenship questions on the 2020 Census
- Addition of material on methods widely used by student researchers, such as content analysis and “grounded theory” ethnography
- The growth of new video techniques by researchers, and dramatically expanded use of web-based surveys (both by professionals and by college students)
- When does research on underprivileged populations become cultural appropriation? (based on the controversy over Alice Goffman’s ethnographic studies in Philadelphia)
- New vignettes on Research That Matters, Research in the News, and Careers and Research, to enhance the relevance of the ebook to undergraduate students and make it better for instructors as well.
NOTE: This product only contains the ebook Making Sense of the Social World: Methods of Investigation 6th edition in PDF. No access codes come with the sale.
There are no reviews yet.